Friday, August 31, 2007

Horse Flu....


Well, if you own a horse, or even part of one and you live in NSWor Queensland then it's been a pretty terrible week. My heart goes out to all the horse lovers who make a living or a wage from the racing and stud business because the immediate future looks a little bleak. Thank goodness the other states are clear and let's hope it remains like that!! Now of course there will be a hunt as to how it all happened...if we didn't have horse 'flu before then it must have been imported somehow I guess!?

One of our readers was caught up in it all and Julie sent this to us:
"Yes I have been caught up in the horse flu, my twin sister and I were on our way to Lochinvar and we received a call 10 mins awayfrom Lochinvar! Well we drove right into it and there was nothing we could do about it except leave our horses there and drive home, it was awful for us both! Our sensibility told us to think about the safety of our horses and not about ourselves even though we are missing them so much. My sister lives in Sydney and I live in Tamworth so its not 5 mins away to visit. The costs are mounting up but we know they are in the best of care so we are more fortunate than some other people stranded at showgrounds!Just wanted to share my story with you, hope you don't mind...."
Although a bad situation, Julie's was better than some we heard of.
To cheer us all up, we got lovely pic from Kaylene of her polo cross horses

Look, I'm a bit 'truncated this week because I'm off, courtesy of Korean Airways, to the UK to do a bit of business and share some ideas with my friends at H10 UK, and of course to see my daughter & grandchildren (and her husband of course!!). I'll be away for 3 weeks or so and the better half will miss me like mad!!!
Before I sign off, here's a great story from Jeremy Law, a horse lover in the US who runs a 'horse farm'. It will make you laugh but there's a good moral to the story too. Hope you enjoy it:
http://tinyurl.com/2sgjfu
We've got just 10 bottles of Elegance Blue shampoo left - at $8 a litre for something so good it's a steal - have a look:http://tinyurl.com/y4rtxj

Have a great weekend...and don't forget your Dad!!!

No comments: