Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Horse TV Now Available

6 weeks to Christmas. Frightening isn't it. We've already had some cards arrive - some with snow scenes look ridiculous when I look out of the window and watch the sun and the blue sky. I have some friends originally from the UK who turn up the aircon fullblast on the 'great day' to try and recapture some of the 'old UK atmosphere'. We were invited to their festivities once but I inadvisedly told them that I thought the whole thing was crazy and I've never been invited back. I wonder
why....

Here's some info that could help you trailblazers out there. Master trail class lope-overs by learning how to gauge your horse's stride length with this private lesson from Charlie Cole.


Discover how Horse & Rider staffers' horses "type out" on the Parelli Horsenality Profile. Now I have to admit that I'm not an avid follower of this type of personality profiling of a horse. So I'm a bit old school I guess but my methods have always worked well for me. However, I'm not one for denying other methods so have a look:


The Horse Health newsletter is a good one this week with some relevant topics for us all.


The holidays are upon us and it is time to start thinking about what you want to get for the horse lover in your life. This kind person did some research and came up with some of the best gifts she could find online to help get you started. She's even separated them into 4 sections, the essentials, fun stuff, horse gifts for the kid in all of us and something for the guys. OK so it's mainly US stuff but you'll get some great ideas here.


The economic downturn is hitting Britain's paddocks as well as our own. Charities say they are getting more calls than ever from owners who can no longer afford to keep their horses. The Horse Trust says it has received 640 requests to retire animals in the past month - four times the usual amount. Read this BBC article:


I didn't believe it until I saw it. Horsegirl TV takes the classic world of horses and plugs it into the wired generation. Tune in, tack up...their words not mine. Have a look:


Our H10 ointment offer ( 2 for 1) is still on at www.h10.com.au. It's worth a visit.

Have a great week.

No comments: