Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New TV Series - Humans As Horses? Good Viewing.

I think that at last we're now open to the outside world after the recent floods. We had to stay indoors for days and there's nothing that aggravates the wife more than that. This morning she's gone like a rabbit out of a trap. I wonder why? I thought she'd got used to me after 38 years.


My Life As a Horse - sounds strange but a UK TV company is making people into animals.
A young London lad lived with horses – as a pony - for four days and nights eating, sleeping and living as the ponies did while Vanessa Bee taught him to behave as a pony using body language to remain safe and ultimately to rise to the head of the herd. Vanessa was a bit doubtful that a completely non-horsey (actually non – animal ) person would do this but on the last afternoon he led the herd up the field as a true leader...there wasn’t a dry eye in the house!! Rebecca said "It was such a fantastic positive experience for us all I do hope that feeling comes over on the show. Both presenters, Terry Nutkins and Rebecca Wilcox, were lovely to work with and the crew were committed and hardworking remaining true to the ethos of our property and our relationship with the ponies – that is to show mutual respect and to keep the whole experience positive for both ponies and people." Very interesting to watch believe me.

Vanessa has a dvd available from us using Kel Jeffrey's unique method of training horses. I think we've even got a clip available here:

Louise Bell is a Champion Hack show rider in the UK. In this video which is a succession of out-takes you see the real woman behind the 'mask' everyone else sees in the arena. Believe me this woman is a scream.......it's on Horse Hero, a great site but you'll need to register (at no cost of course) to see this and lots of other great videos. Then just scroll down the front page and choose 'Editors Choice'. Well worth it believe me. Just to set the record straight, I have no tie up with this site. I just think it's great.

Now how often do you see a horse bossing around a human. In my experience all too often. A TV company decided to film what happens when a real horse trainer gets to work on such a horse. “No horse whisperin’, no nothin’,” said the horse trainer, leaning against the store’s tall wooden counter. “It’s just common sense, and we learn how to communicate.” Interesting.

'I have a fourteen year old gelding that I purchased a few months back. He is very well behaved but I have a problem, when we go out riding he listens well but on the way back home he takes over and starts galloping and I can't stop him; I have no control what so ever. Can you please give me some advice on what I could do to fix this problem? Well I can't but Rick Lamb can and it's worth reading in case this happens to you.

If you follow Parelli training methods then I think you'll find this article very interesting.

Aus seems to be getting it's fair share of rain...be prepared for rain scald, cuts and abrasions and ringworm etc with your horse. H10 ointment has a great track record (read what others say) and we've an offer not to be missed.

Last chance for the H10 competition - it closes on Sunday

No comments: