Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Britney Spears Equine Video - Nice Horses Rubbish Song

Well, the financial year ended...and then began again of course. I hope all of you who could added to your super so that Govt can pay you something back. We bought a holiday instead and are off to the Whitsundays cruising on a yacht at the end of this month. Why? You might well ask. The only thing I know about boats is how to use the sweep oar on our local dragon boat so the terms hailliards and sheets etc are terms I learned from Wikipedia and from Hornblower books. As for navigation, I reckon I'll have to hire a GPS.
Strange though, we've had lots of offers from friends who, all of a sudden, are now expert navigators. Wonder why?

Why train your own horse? It's a divided subject but this lady from Horse Care Daily, offers some good reasons for attempting it. Horses for courses I guess (sorry).

Britney Spears has wrangled up a few stallions and a couple scruffy K. Fed wannabes for her new video "Radar" -- I'll let you decide which category actual horses fit into. With more clothes on than normal, Britney has spliced together a fresh music video for her fourth single off of her latest album "Circus."
Nice horses...rubbish song but that's just my opinion.

Those people at Urlesque love their interspecies friendships, and this video - in which a terrier walks a horse on a leash - is no different. It is so nice to see a friend lend a helping hand paw don't you think?

Why have beer commercials nothing to do with beer. Whatever, this is a lovely short video for Bud beer and it's very clever. It's the fourth video down on the page. You might remember the first video here...it's Patches the hamburger eating horse.

Some nice photos here from my friends at Horse Deals on a Dressage & Jumping Event in Mount Gambier. I don't think there's one bloke amongst them. Shame.

After complaints and even injuries at a parade in the Montrose area in the USA, Houston police are talking more about how their mounted patrol is used in crowds. A lot of people will have seen them at Fourth of July celebrations around town. One woman is complaining about her treatment at a recent gay pride parade. I have to say that it's the rider not the horse and as for the news footage of fireworks too...who'd want to be a horse there anyway?

Courtesy of National Geographic Magazine, this is a short video on horse photographer Mark Harvey. He's almost as good as me with a camera......I've just
ditched film for digital so I'm making progress!!

Got kids? Are they horse mad too? Then have a look at this site. It's got lots of resources just for them including 'how to' videos although the intro video is a bit
wonky. Don't let that put you off.


Have a great week

No comments: