Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Really Did Hear Santa's Sleigh Bells Once....Honest!

It's been all go here as no doubt it has been with all of you in the run up to Christmas. I had an uncle, who wasn't blessed with the best sense of humour around, and who always quoted on Boxing Day..."Well, Christmas is as far away as it'll ever be". What a downer for us kids.....little wonder no sane women ever married him!! Bundle of laughs he was.

I'm having a couple of weeks off so this will be the last newsletter until Jan 6th. Yes, I can hear the chorus of 'Oh nos......' or perhaps I'm delusional but then I really did think I heard Santa's sleigh bells one Xmas a long time ago. You can just imagine the comments at the time from 'er indoors can't you?

Anyway, I've uploaded all the H10 competition entries and the pics can be seen here  and there are some great pictures so thank you very much, everyone who sent their entries in.

Here's a Christmas Eve Dressage Poem from a dressage tragic. Um...nice but I think she needs to get out more often.

Surgery revives police horse. High profile Duke rushed to treatment in Kennett Square. Lancaster's most recognized four-footed ambassador is recovering from emergency surgery and is expected to come home Sunday or Monday. Duke, the most well-known of the Lancaster city police's four horses, had surgery Wednesday for a blockage in his large intestine. Read on...you'll be really surprised as to the cause. I was.

Here's a good article from Andy Curry. " I get a lot of horse training questions about stopping a horse from kicking. The kicking habits of these horses range from the horse kicking at virtually anyone to kicking at only the husbands. (bad move). It's a daunting problem that lots of people have no idea how to cure. That being so, I want to share some insight to horses kicking."

Actually if you want the Jesse Beery book on CD mentioned go here to H10 though...it's much less costly.


Snow Fight. The Budweiser Shire Horses get to play in the white stuff. This is one of their best and proves bigger is better.

Enjoy the trailer below, which is the first peek at Ridley Scott's take on "Robin Hood," due out in May. It's a film that stars, among others, Russell Crowe. of course PLUS a cast of hundreds of horses. Set in the 'Gladiator' mode, it could be good.

Can I wish you, your family and friends a happy and peaceful Christmas, and thank you all for your support throughout the year. It is, believe me, very much appreciated.

With every good wish for 2010.
Geoff....and 'er indoors of course.

No comments: