Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Olympics - Who's Going To Win?

Hi there,

Lost a big filling in one of my molars this week - I'm a man and of course the pain was unbearable. My dentist, god bless her, was on hand to replace said metal with more shiny new stuff and after 45 minutes, some discomfort and the loss of $275 I was cured. On the way out I asked her how much a crown would be if I needed one. After she told me it all went dizzy I 'came to' in the waiting room in the horizontal posotion but was ok after a glass of water. Wish I could make money like that!

Now if you're looking towards the equestrian events at the Olympics, just a week away now, here are some winning predictions from equestrian journalist Nancy Jaffer. Interesting reading.
tinyurl.com/6gyeps

Here's the weekly The Horse Newsletter as usual, a mine of information on all things horsey.
tinyurl.com/5cp7kl

Feet are important whether they are the human kind or the horse type. I found this blog about natural horse hoof trimming and the use of Easy Boots. I'm not advertising them but if you have a problem like this it could help.
tinyurl.com/5t9geh

If you haven't visited Horse Problems - John O'Leary's Australian Site, then you really should. He makes a lots of sense and there's a ton of useful stuff here.
tinyurl.com/qdy2s

Here's an article from the US on reining in the costs of running a horse. Their words and their pun, not mine but there are some good points and it's a view that may well affect us too this coming Spring and Summer.
tinyurl.com/67na48

Accra Race Course Squatters Ejected
About 100 policemen drawn from the Accra Regional Command of the Ghana Police Service yesterday supervised a demolition exercise at the Accra Race Course to pave the way for the construction of a five-star hotel on the site. Sign of the times isn't it?
tinyurl.com/6lpdur

I just read a really great article on grooming by Laurie Pitts in the April 2008 issue of Practical Horseman. Hope you'll find it interesting too - there's a video clip as well.
tinyurl.com/5fr3au

Have a look at this book "100 ways to improve your horse's schooling' by Susan Mcbane. It's available on the H10 site at the usual 20% discount.
tinyurl.com/6bgzof

I'm learning how to be a sweep for the local Dragon Boat crew. So far I don't think they're too impressed so I hopw it can only get better.
Have a great week and keep warm
Geoff

No comments: