Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A New Car Equine Training System...Really??

A truly riveting weekend. 'She who must' had been out in the garden and discovered 'the return of the stink bugs' all over the citrus trees. Yes, you can guess can't you. Armed with spray I set forth only to have her tell me that it was environmentally unfriendly to spray nasty stuff around and I should get some pliers to lever off the disgusting pesky insects. So I did, and there's a certain satisfaction in that knowing that the citrus will remain pristine for 'er indoors to regale the neighbours with. As for the bugs, well so far, Geoff 80 plus, stinkbugs 1 - I got sprayed by one viscious individual who took exception to his/her treatment. I don't think I've seen the last of them though.......

Seems like something from the Year 2020, but this is the Kurtsystems Car equine training system. The car keeps up with the horse and includes features such as oxygen masks and an electrocardiogram machine. Courtesy of Super Punch. Weird I call it but here's video of it in action and guess what? You can also use it to train camels. Well I never.....:

Meet Poe the Clydesdale - The World's Tallest Horse. Yet another record? Poe is 20.2 hands or 81 inches high and weighs in at 3000 lbs. In new money that's 206 cms high and 1364 kilos in weight. Unless you know something bigger of course?

Did you know anything about a breed called 'The Morgan Horse'? I didn't but here are some nice videos for you to see for yourself

"Over the Labor Day Weekend of 2009 the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) bumbled an ill-conceived and mismanage round up of the world famous “Cloud’s Herd” of the Pryor Mountains in Montana. Ignoring their studies and the advice of experts they stampeded horses down 5,000 feet of rocky mountainside in 95+ degree heat only to break apart family bands, pump the mares full of PZP and injure the horses. Despite public outcry, orders from a Congressman and questions from Senators the local BLM office in Billings destroyed this beautiful herd." Sad story and video.

Sending a horse away for training can be pretty stressful, especially if you don’t know what to send with him. Fortunately, it doesn’t need to be all that bad. With some planning ahead, and smart packing, your horse will soon be off to school, and you can relax and know that he’s all packed. Courtesy of Horse Blogs

You are getting ready to ride your horse. You are all tacked up and ready to bridle the horse. You approach the horse with the bridle, and he refuses. The horse lifts his head and clamps his mouth shut. What is the problem, and what should you do? Courtesy of Deanna Castro.

Here's an early Christmas present idea for your horse. I've posted videos of horses and their toys but this seems a great idea ...and no, I've no connection with these people whatsoever. The key to this oversized ball's durability is an inner PVC bladder that's covered with a tough fabric. But the ball can be punctured, and while the ball's casing can be repaired, punctured bladders must be replaced. If your 'boy' loves soccer this might be just the thing...

But I won't stop there. I rarely promote products but I got this email from Kim Ogden:
"I am one of your subscribers and enjoy your “newsletter” each time you send it. It adds interest to get your mind thinking. I like that. I make “Horse” acrylic mirrors and the concept is totally my own, Australian designed and made and thought that your subscribers may wish to think of these as Christmas pressies. If you would consider giving me a plug, I would be happy to donate a mirror to you for a “prize” for your competitions". Well, there's the plug and I couldn't resist it so here's Kim's site. Go and have a look...and remember, it's only 11 weeks to Christmas.

And so...new comp coming up next week. Thanks Kim
Have a great week

No comments: