Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Would You Buy This Service?!

Even as I write this, I'm watching the dust storm roll in from the west and 'er indoors is outdoors cursing the wind as she grapples with the washing misbehaving on the Hills hoist. Ah, the wonders of domestic bliss eh? We have our anniversay later this week and I forget it at my peril...you don't want to know the half believe me........

Here's a first class example of an ad for horse training that didn't quite hit the mark. Would you use this person's services?

"I use a jental method of training, i try to get the horse to work with me not against me. the method i use is called join up. I can get your horses for barrels, poles, gaming, i can start your horse in reining, i can get your horses so they are not as spooky on trails. i will even help you with ponies. i charge $25 an hour. my method dose work i have used it on a lot of horses. I can work with you and your horse. i can help you become one with your horse. if you would like pictures or more information please feel free to ask. The first pic is of an AQHA colt that i got in trade for a pony i used the join up method on him, i got him learning leg cues by the age of 2. The second pic is of am APHA mare that cam to me....etc, etc"
Good, innit eh? I'd better keep the source anonymous

Eddie, a horse in Wyoming, survived a 3.3-mile swim through an irrigation tunnel after being sucked into the intake valve. Eddie was found — relatively unscathed — two days after disappearing under water. What a story and they say it's only cats that have 9 lives.

I didn't realise that Canada has a national horse site. Stupid of me when I've watched all those Westerns in my time and half of them must've been filmed there. This site too, gives a unique slant on horses from a Canadian angle.

Here's a great 'tongue in cheek' video of just what happens at a regular horse show. I laughed my socks off. This guy has a slightly sarcastic view of things but you can see from the reaction of his kids that they are now used to their Dad's crazy videos. I loved it. Hope you do too.

The Lumberjack Day Parade in West Point gets under way with banners, trucks, kids and horses. Look, this video has a bit of everything, literally, that you'd find in your local show but US style and it's worth a look....and yep, it does have some lumberjack action towards the end but it ain't anywhere near as exciting as our axeman. I liked the donkey...he (or she) is cute. As for the billy carts....um.

Poor old Buster. He's got a very nasty abcess on his neck and here the local vet is draining it. OK, it's not very nice, certainly not very pretty and some would say gross so you've been warned.....and I promise this is the last time I'll post this type of video. So why did I post it? Well, because Buster is a real champion and hardly moves despite the obvious pain. If you've a horse like this, then he's one in a million. Treasure him.

Matthew Doward, a Henrietta resident, started the “A Horse’s Friend” program four years ago, when looking for a way to curb youth violence in the inner city. He saw horses as a good means to that end, because they bring kids out of the city on a regular basis. Additionally, he said, most city children don’t have the opportunity to be around horses. Nice video.

Here are the major prize winners and their pics from the Australian Oct SHCQ event. Some nice looking mounts too. Courtesy of Horse Deals and Narelle Wockner

Finally, 'Because of a Horse' is a promotional campaign designed to raise awareness and funds for America's Horse Cares, the therapeutic riding program of the American Quarter Horse Foundation. Great video, great music and a great cause and well worth seeing. Reminds me of the Graeme Connors anthem for the Paralympics in SYdney in 2000. 'Er indoors and I were volunteers....wonderful event and if you've not heard Graeme's paralympic anthem 'Being there', then you've missed something. Don't forget the tissues though.

AND...our new comp starts next week with a lovely individually designed, equine themed mirror as a prize from Kim at Kimmika Designs

Have a great week!

No comments: